All the above practice plans also include
Team SurveysConducting team surveys allows you to gather insight into what is important to your team and how they perceive the practice and the practice leader.
Client Story – Dr. Gwendolin Flanagan
Practice Profit Improvement in YR 1 with Prime
Average y/y owners earnings increase over the last 7 years
Average active patient growth over the last 7 years
- Solo dentist and PD stressed from the financial responsibilities of owning a practice.
- Wanting to create financial security for her family and staff. To improve work life balance to ensure a long healthy life
- Owner was already working working full time and stressed.
- To receive personal coaching support to improve her business. Specifically Gwen wanted to experience support and have her hand held, rather than going it alone. Recognised that she can become fearful; and knows the negative impact of stress, she wants to have a long life, and coaching will help moderate stress.
- To increase profitability. Start tracking production and expenses to understand trends and support creating profitability and security for her practice, her family and her staff.
- To help her team grow through the workshops and improve patient communications, appointment book control and have procedures written.
- To increase her case acceptance and treatment planning communication.
Implementation & Strategy
- Coach liaised with Gwen’s book-keeper. Created an Annual Plan with daily production goals. Tracked goals and analysed with coach monthly.
- Highlighted the practice had opportunities to improve systems including – pre-blocking, cancellation policies, emergency patient protocol, active maintenance, patient reactivation system, and daily huddles – and implemented these. Workshops, coaching and adding Protocols to How-We’s supported the implementation.
- Practice attended all Prime workshops and Primespeak. They embraced Primespeak and the Coach focussed on helping to create new patient exam process.
- A hygiene and OHT department was created at the time when the active maintenance program had grown too big for Gwen to manage solo. She was very nervous about having a hygienist as it was new to her, however trusted in Prime, and implemented hygiene department. We helped with recruitment. Hygiene production now represents 20% of total production and has reduced Gwen’s stress around patient management.
- Worked with GDW as a ‘pilot’ practice to move from a one page blog website to a professional GDW website which has been effective with offering patient communication. This has helped Gwen increase her confidence with updating patients – especially around COVID announcements.
- Development of a strong Client relationship with Prime Practice including the whole team Coach, workshop trainers, Harvey on COVID zoom evening meetings, HR, GDW, management with PJP and Brett from time to time. Created a trusted advisor relationship support Gwen through new phases of her business.
- Over time, it was clear Gwen needed to relocate from an unhappy landlord situation with her practice. In 2020 she successfully bought and fit out her own practice which has given her increased ownership of her destiny – eventually it will create strong profitability.